Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Better late than never to post; at least that's what I'm going to say as I am not only a day after Halloween, but since this costume/makeup was worn last Sunday. Just wanted to pop on here and share my makeup look for Halloween 2012.
Wish I had some pictures of my full costume, but unforturnately I was only focused on taking my makeup pictures; of course if you can't tell I was a mermaid. I made this top with real sea shells that I painted and glitterfied and then attached to a beige tank top with some industrial strength E6000. That stuff really does "sew" miracles. Not sure how I would have attached the shells without that glue as I really didn't want to buy a special bit to drill the shells which could have potentially cracked the shells as well. My tail was a blue mermaid tail, which my mother sewed from a pattern. This costume, as this is my 2nd time wearing and my sister has worn some times too, is too much fun not to wear more than once.

For my hair, which is extremely straight and hates curlers, I used my Remington wand to create curls starting section by section from the lower part of my head on up. I spritzed the curls as I went along with Aussie scrunch spray, not really sure it didn't anything, but it kept the curl enough to be a wave througout the night. After I was done curling, I parted my hair where I liked it just so and then took my seashell clip (sorry no better pic on this one) and gathered my hair all to one side using the clip. Bobby pins for any extra strands.
As for my makeup, I started with the eyes. I put L'oreal infallible eye shadow in endless sea all over the lid and above the crease and along the lower lash line extending it past the lower lash line further than normal. I really just did a lot layering with this look until I achieved the look I was going for.

I also layered my Clinique gel liner all around the outline of my eye and then for added oomph, I used the liner to create a line just above my crease. I had to go over this line a couple of time to create the look I was going for, but I got it eventually. Then along this same upper crease line I winged the liner outward. Immediately below this (as you can seen in pic 2) I mimicked the wing with 2 other swoops. I had to go back right between the "wings" with the aqua shade so that it was extended through these lines. I did lots of blending and used a darker blue shadow in my inner/upper area of my eye to create a bit of concavity. Along my upper brows I used some of MAC pigment Vanilla. Trying to keep this just up here and not wanting glitter all over the rest of my face. After I had this under control, I finished the rest of my makeup.

Foundation: L'Oreal lumi foundation in NW2
Benefit Hoola bronzer
MAC msf in Petticoat for blush
Lipstick: I wanted a light/pink sheer shade, so I went with MAC hue, layered with Maybelline Color Sensational in Pearly Pink. As the night went on, I only packed the Maybelline lipstick so I just kept layering Pearly Pink on my lips!

So on an end note to this look, I just want to say how much I really do love Halloween and I think it has a lot to do in part with dressing up, playing with makeup and "pretending" to be somebody/something else. But I mean, come on, I really might have to throw this mermaid makeup on again, someday that isn't Halloween? In all honesty, I wish there were more days where I could freely play with makeup and go out wearing whatever outrageous makeup I feel like that day. But then again, who says I really can't? . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment